One of the most common queries amongst Xbox One gamers is how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one? The answer is you cannot connect it directly since Microsoft has not integrated Bluetooth connectivity which is weird.
However, there is an alternate method that we are going to use to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one.
Please note that the headphones you want to connect should be compatible with the Xbox One.
Xbox one doesn’t have in-built Bluetooth connectivity. Hence, regular Bluetooth headphones do not connect with Xbox One because of the additional security layer added.
We have stated three different ways to connect your Bluetooth headphones.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One Controller (Xbox Compatible Headphones Only)
- Turn on the Bluetooth dongle and ensure it is on pairing mode.
- Ensure your Bluetooth headphones are on pairing mode and hold the pairing button of the adapter for 5 seconds.
- Once the connection is complete, connect the dongle to the Xbox controller.
- The Bluetooth dongle includes a mic which facilitates chatting while gaming.
How to Connect Any Bluetooth Headphones to your Xbox One (PC With Windows 10 Is Needed)
- Install the Xbox app on the windows 10 pc and ensure you turn on your Xbox one at the same time.
- Once you open the Xbox interface, Click on “Connection” which is one the left sidebar of the interface.
- You will notice the controller is connected, Click on stream which will stream your Xbox One to PC.
- You can connect any Bluetooth headphones to windows 10 by going to Bluetooth settings and ensure your headphones are on pairing mode.
- Once you find your headphones, you can connect your headphones and use the mic as well if the headphones include a mic.
How To Connect Your Airpods To Your Xbox One
With this method, you can use your AirPods as a mic while gaming on the Xbox One.
- Connect the Airpods charger cable to the AirPods and plug the USB to the Xbox one.
- Once you have connected, you will notice an orange light on the Airpods, indicating charging.
- You can now use the Airpods as a mic for the Xbox One.
This post was a tutorial on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one.
After trying numerous ways, we found these to be the best ways to connect Bluetooth headphones to Xbox One. Since Xbox One doesn’t come with Bluetooth, hence these are workaround ways to use Bluetooth headphones.
Let us know your views about connecting Bluetooth headphones to Xbox one in the comment section.
All of the methods stated above have been tried and tested by us.
If you face any difficulties while connecting your headphones, do let us know in the comment section and we will assist you with the same.
Check our recent content on headphones, earphones, soundbars and speakers.